Watchtower question

Options
robtain
robtain
Community Member

I have some logins that I changed after Heartbleed but before Watchtower was in the final release of 1Password 4. These accounts are being flagged by Watchtower even though I recently changed passwords. Is there any way to manually remove them from the list without changing the passwords again?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @robtain,

Is there any way to manually remove them from the list without changing the passwords again?

No, but thanks for letting us know you're interested in this! We're considering adding this ability in a future update. :)

I have some logins that I changed after Heartbleed but before Watchtower was in the final release of 1Password 4.

This shouldn't matter. We store the vulnerability dates for each site we have in the database, which is usually based on the new SSL certificate's creation date (assuming the server is already patched). 1Password will then compare that date against your last password change (even if changed before Watchtower was integrated with the app). If the change was made after the vulnerability date, then it will not show up on the list. If it was made before, then it'll stay until you change the password.

If one of your Logins is still marked with the Change Password alert, can you look at its last password change date via Show Previously Used Password in the item details, and then compare it on the Watchtower website — was it made after or before the SSL certificate change?

• Michael Shingledecker
    Michael Shingledecker
    Community Member
    Options

I will add my support for the ability to manually remove the Watchtower warning. There are several reasons (some good, some bad) that a person would want this option.

• Jasper
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, Michael! I've added your vote for this in our tracker. :)

This discussion has been closed.