Backup & Restore - No restore function

Options
PurpleBoots
PurpleBoots
Community Member

In Preferences/ backup pane, there are no previous backup files listed in the window, so the restore button is greyed out. When I click on Show Files button, it launches a finder window displaying a list of files that are currently in the 1PW backup folder. Clicking on any of them just launches a message to choose an application to open with. So, it appears there is no option to restore from a previous backup from within the 1PW app. Is there a fix for this?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Are you by any chance on OS X 10.8.5? If so, see this thread.

Stephen

• PurpleBoots
    PurpleBoots
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I am. I do intend to be upgrading to Mavericks in the next few days; I was just backing up everything in readiness when I found this. It does do a manual backup, and I have that transferred to another disk, so I am good to go. I don't expect I will need to use the restore function with everything in dropbox, but always best to be prepared! Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PurpleBoots,

I'm glad to hear you're thinking about the security of your data before upgrading - very smart! I hope your upgrade goes off without a hitch, but we're happy to help if you have any further questions. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PurpleBoots,

You mentioned:

I don't expect I will need to use the restore function with everything in dropbox, but always best to be prepared!

Syncing is configured separately for each vault, so when using multiple vaults it's important to know that all of them need to be configured for syncing in order for the full 1Password database to be recovered through syncing.

Being prepared with 1Password backups that can restore an entire database is best, just like you're doing, even if only using a single Primary vault. :)

This discussion has been closed.