Entering Apple ID security questions on My Apple ID webpage

Options
Fairgame
Fairgame
Community Member

I just saw something strange and wanted to share the process.
First I created new answers for My Apple ID security questions using 1Password generator, saving them on the website as well as in 1P4.
Then I tried to login back to the security part of My Apple ID website, using copy and paste from 1P4.

The "Continue" button never changed color from gray to blue so clicking on it did nothing.

I made it turn "blue" (and clickable) by pasting the answers and then clicking right arrow on Mac keyboard while the cursor was blinking in one of the answer fields.

Does anybody know any that extra step was needed?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @Fairgame,

That is an odd issue indeed. I'm not able to reproduce this on my end. Could you tell me a bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What is the version number of 1Password?
    • What is the version number of your browser extension (the extension's version number should be found in the extension pane of preferences for most browsers)
    • and which browser you are using?
  • Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,
    I just shut down and restarted MBP and the same process happened with right arrow. It feels that when I type the answer, the Continue button turns blue. When the answer is copy and pasted from 1P4, the Continue button stays grey until any key is pushed in the answer field (right arrow in my case).
    Thanks, and also thank you for providing excellent product. We love 1P4.

1Password: 1Password 4, Version 4.4.1 (441008), Agile Web Store

Safari Browser extension: 1Password 4.2.1

Safari: Version 7.0.4 (9537.76.4)

OSX 10.9.3

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Fairgame,

This sounds like an issue with Apple's webpage. What happens if you paste something else into the field (not copied from 1Password)? Does the same thing happen?

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

You are right, copy and paste any text does not light up "Continue" button until I click any key on the keyboard.

This discussion has been closed.