Safari extension won't install

Options
Bart523
Bart523
Community Member

Just bought 1 Password 4 for Mac and the Safari extension downloads but it won't install. Tried several times and no go. I installed the extension easily on my Chrome browser.

Comments

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @Bart523,

What happens when you try installing the Safari extension? Do you receive any error messages?

• After clicking the Install button here, the 1Password extension for Safari should begin downloading.
    • Once the download finishes, double-click the 1Password.safariextz file in your downloads.
    • Safari will ask you to confirm the installation. Click the Install button.

Where in that process does the issue occur?

Thanks in advance for the additional info! :)

• Cipinfo
    Cipinfo
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Safari extension is not installed even I followed all the steps.
    works with firefox but with safari 7.0.3. I tried several times and nothing nd nothihappens

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Cipinfo‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Could you tell me where in the steps above you're having problems? Are you not finding a 1Password.safariextz in your downloads?

• kurt.grossman
    kurt.grossman
    Community Member
    Options

In my downloads I can find the extension downloaded from AgileBits "1Password-4.2.1.safariextz", but when I double-click on it I get the error message: "The "Safari" application cannot be started. The application is installed in a virtual machine that cannot be located…" I have tried to open this file with Safari opened and closed.
    I downloaded the file again to see if I had made a mistake, but it was the same file.
    I'll look again…

Thanks in advance!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi Kurt,

Can you try right-clicking on the downloaded extension, then selecting Open With > Safari from the context menu, and let us know if that works for you? Similar to this, but it may not be the "(default)" application:

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.