Syncing Two Macs via Dropbox

Options
pj999
pj999
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I just started having problems syncing 1Password between my desktop and laptop. I’ve been playing around with the various settings and have encountered even more issues, so am posting this in the hope that someone can help to quickly resolve the problems. I’m running 10.9.3 on both Macs and 4.4.1 of 1Password and using Dropbox to sync the files.

Right now, I see both primary and 1password vaults on both machines. In attempting to get files synced, I somehow managed to delete or erase all the files in both vaults on the desktop. I have all the files in the primary vault on my laptop; thinking that I might be able to sync some of those files to get them to show up on the desktop, I copied a few files into the 1password vault on the laptop. The desktop program doesn’t show any of them.

The goal is to be able to sync files from both machines; I’m not sure if that means both machines should only show primary vaults.

I’m a little concerned about changing the sync preferences, since I don’t want to lose the passwords that I have on the laptop.

Hope I’ve explained this clearly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pj999,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. We should be able to get you all synced up fairly simply, but we'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from each of your computers?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• pj999
    pj999
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I’ve emailed the diagnostic reports from both computers. I’ve also included information about this thread.

Since posting the problem, I have also done the following (which I included in my email with the diagnostic reports ):

• Deleted both 1Password vaults, so I only have primary vaults showing.
    • Exported the primary list from the laptop and copied it over via flashdrive to my desktop. It is now loaded on the desktop.
    • Attempted via preferences to resync the desktop and the laptop. However, when I add a file to the primary vault on either machine, it does not sync it over to the other machine.

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Cheers.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pj999,

We've received your email with the reports and additional information. Thanks for sending that in! Someone from our email support team will be contacting you as soon as they can with more help for resolving this issue.

• pj999
    pj999
    Community Member
    Options

For anyone following this thread, I received an email from the support team offering a solution, which worked perfectly. Great support . . . thanks to agilebits for being so responsive.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pj999,

Thanks so much for following up here - I'm so glad to hear that our team was able to find a solution for you! Since this issue is properly resolved, I'll be closing the thread. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to open a new thread, or contact us directly at support@ agilebits .com.

:)

This discussion has been closed.