Sync issues with Dropbox

Options
louise_t
louise_t
Community Member

My previous Mac crashed before I could save any data so I am setting up a new one. I have 1Password 4 on this new Mac. I have not previously synced my data between my old mac and either Dropbox or iCloud, but have 1Password on my iphone 4S. I tried to set up Sync to Dropbox on my phone so that I can create a back up file ("vault?") which I can then download to 1P on my mac. However, the 1P app on my phone keeps telling me my Dropbox password is wrong (error message "null") and I cannot set up sync to iCloud as an alternative as I can't get into the 1Password app on my browser to be able to enter the "secrets" provided. I am going in circles. Please help!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @louise_t‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your computer - that's never fun! I'm curious, what version of 1Password for iOS are you using? To find out which versions you have, let me know which icon you see on your home screen from the following image: A, B, C or D?

• louise_t
    louise_t
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, it's C, and I am using iOS 7.1.1

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @louise_t,

Thanks so much for getting back to me with that information. First of all, if you're on iOS 7, there's no reason to still be using 1Password 4.3.2 (or lower). Please check the App Store for updates and get the latest and greatest version of 1Password (it's a free update!)

Once that's all sorted, please have a look at our Sync 1Password 4 for iOS with Dropbox support article and let me know where in the process you're getting tangled up! :)

• louise_t
    louise_t
    Community Member
    Options

I could not find a free update on the App store so used your website instead. Then I referred to the support article above, only to find my 1Password Sync screen does not look like the one in the document. (Screenshot attached). When I select Sync to Dropbox, it will not accept my Dropbox email address and password, despite me being logged into dropbox on my phone (screenshot attached) so back to my original request for help! Also, 1Password keeps collapsing and presenting me with a blank screen on my phone.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @louise_t,

I've replied to your post here via private message - please check your forum inbox. :)

This discussion has been closed.