New Feature Request: Quick Favorites

Options
daneo
daneo
Community Member

Hello,

I have one login that I must consistently copy from my favorites into the password field. It's the login for an internal system so browser extensions aren't helpful in this situation. Currently I click 1P Mini, hover over favorites, hover over the correct credential, and click on the password. It would be great if I could just keep this "Favorite" password in the 1P Mini drop down so I don't have to hover and move the mouse multiple times. It would improve the flow of 1P for me a bunch every day!

Loving 1Password on all of my devices and trying to get everyone I know to use it too!

Thanks,
Dane

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @daneo‌

Thanks so much for the suggestion! At this time, the list that you see in Mini is determined by the webpage that has focus, so if you're looking at an app outside the browser, 1Password has no way to determine what you're looking at so that it can make a suggestion about which Login you might need. We'd love for 1Password to be able to recognize apps in the future - I'll be sure to let our developers know you're interested in this as well.

In the meantime though, you might find a quicker experience by using the keyboard to access the password you need:

• Use ⌘\ to open 1Password Mini
    • Use the arrow keys to navigate to your Favourite entry
    • Hit 'Enter' when the password of the entry is highlighted to copy it to the clipboard
    • 1Password Mini should disappear, leaving focus on the previous window so that you can hit ⌘Z to paste the password in the appropriate field.

I hope this helps to improve your workflow - I think it's more efficient than all that hovering. :)

This discussion has been closed.