1P failing filling the password on one site only in Safari [Resolved: Save new Login Manually]

Options
giusep71
giusep71
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

Hi, I'm on 1P for Mac 4.4.1 (updated to the last version more than two weeks ago. I have not performed system updates in the last two weeks).

1P always worked as a clock logging in all sites.
Today for the first time ever failed and keeps failing logging into a Joomla access panel.
When i click the key icon in Safari, 1P place the user id, but it does not place the password.
It happens on Safari only. In Chrome it works just fine.
I've quit Safari a few times, restarted the machine more times. 1P still fails the logging in on Safari for that specific log in panel.
It seems the problem is only with this Joomla access panel, on all other sites I usually use the login process works well.

Can you help figure out what's wrong?
Thanks

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried re-creating and saving the login manually? That sometimes helps in cases like this.

Stephen

• giusep71
    giusep71
    Community Member
    Options

That works Stephen.
    Any reason why the old saved login would fail?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Any reason why the old saved login would fail?

Sometime a web site will make changes that break the previously saved login. They are invisible to users who login manually each time, but not always with the information saved in 1Password. That can be one reason.

• giusep71
    giusep71
    Community Member
    Options

Although, the old saved login still works perfectly using Chrome.
    It fails only using Safari.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @giusep71‌

Do you have different extensions installed in your various browsers? It's possible that another extension in Safari could have been interfering with filling. Other than that, it might be difficult to determine exactly where things were getting tangled up now that the issue has been resolved. :)

In any case, I'm glad to hear that saving a new Login got things working for you! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@ agilebits .com - we're here for you.

This discussion has been closed.