Update in AppStore does not work

Options
Mdhb
Mdhb
Community Member

My Appstore tells me 1Password needs to be updated to 4.4.1. When hitting the update-button it seems to start downloading, but before it is finished downloading I receive the message that it cannot be downloaded. What can I do?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mdhb,

I'm sorry you're having trouble downloading the 1Password 4 update from the Mac App Store. Please try restarting your system and see if you can get the update downloaded and installed after that. If not, remove the current version using Launchpad:

How to remove Mac App Store apps that appear in Launchpad

This will not touch any 1Password data. Then try downloading 1Password 4 again.

And if you're still stuck after that please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to help you get this sorted out through email. Thanks in advance!

• Mdhb
    Mdhb
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, sjk.
    Restarting the system did not help, but removing it from Launchpad and reinstalling did!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great, @Mdhb! Thanks for letting me know what worked to get it working. :)

My own experience has been that Mac App Store gets in confused states from time to time for no apparent reason. Fortunately I've never had to do anything more drastic than a system restart or app removal/reinstall (like you did) to clear it up.

This discussion has been closed.