How to fix vault mismatch on dropbox [moved to email]

Options
mwarner
mwarner
Community Member
edited June 2014 in iOS

I've been using the latest versions of 1 password on an iPhone 5, iPad3 and many different Macs with no problem. I sync exclusively through dropbox, and to the best of my knowledge, I've never set up any other vaults etc. When I went to pay a bill via online banking today from my iPad, I discovered that 1 Password on the iPad was using the wrong log in info. When I chose the sync prefs on the iPad and pointed it to my dropbox keychain, I get a warning about a vault mismatch on the iPad. Hitting more info tells me that my iPad has 410 items and was last updated two days ago, while my dropbox vault has 392 items and was last updated one day ago. I also noted that the password hints for each vault are slightly different.

How do I fix this problem, and how did it happen in the first place? To the best of my knowledge, I've never used iCloud to sync 1Password. My iPhone and Macs seem to be syncing fine and have no problems. I really don't want to venture into "sync anyway" territory without knowing how much damage it could do across all of my devices. Lastly, it would be much much much more helpful if the "more info" button on the error message would tell me what the iPad synced with exactly to narrow down the problem.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mwarner‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from your iMac?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• mwarner
    mwarner
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,
    My diagnostics report has been emailed to agile bits now.

• Jasper
    Options

Thanks for sending in the report! Someone from our email support team will reply as soon as they're able to. :)

This discussion has been closed.