Too many vaults (how to delete a vault?) [moved to email]

Options
casp1161
casp1161
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I updated my MacBook Pro to 1 Password 4. During the installation of the upgrade, 1Password pulled all my Information from the previous version- problem is that the data was very outdated and I wanted to use the 1Password 4 data from my MacBook Air. So I created a second vault with the data from 1Password 4 from my MacBook Air. Now I've got all types of problems with the old, outdated 1Password vault being the primary vault. How can I get rid of the current primary vault and make the other vault the primary? Thank you.

1Password
Version 4.4.1 (441006)
Mac App Store

running current version of Mavericks

Thank you!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @casp1161‌

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password. Unfortunately, the only way to remove your primary vault is to Start Over.

When you open 1Password for the first time after following the directions above, please ensure that you select the appropriate keychain. If you'd like some more specific instructions on how to do this, please send us a Diagnostics Report so that we can take a closer look at your system and determine where your vaults are stored.

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• casp1161
    casp1161
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there- thank you so much for your help- the Report has been sent.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @casp1161‌

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.