Crash on launch - When version checking

Hi, I've recently downloaded 1password for Windows and could not get past version checking. It would always fail and crash (often times freezing up the computer). I had to force quit it and try again, and I could not get past version check until adding -no-update to the launch path.

After adding that, it launches without any problems and I'm able to access my vault. I am using Windows 8.1. Not sure what is causing the issue but i've tried both with and without proxies, and both run into the same problems. I have no other issues on any other platforms.

Comments

• bkh
    bkh
    Community Member

If your firewall prevents 1Password from calling home to check for updates that could hang it up. Just a thought....

• Hi guys,

Even if the update check hangs because of a firewall, it shouldn't cause the main app to crash.

@Abel Tan‌,

When it was crashing, did you get the prompt to submit the crash report to us? We'd love to take a look at it.

Not sure what is causing the issue but i've tried both with and without proxies, and both run into the same problems. I have no other issues on any other platforms.

Just to be clear, are you still seeing it now after taking off -no-update?

This discussion has been closed.