1Password 4 continually starts with "Awesome! Let's get Started", and forgets Dropbox sync setting

Options
seeemef
seeemef
Community Member

Hello,

1Password 4 started misbehaving recently (since 4.3 I believe), and each time it starts up, it runs the "Awesome! Let's get started" routine. 1Password also forgets that Dropbox sync is active.

The first time I found Dropbox sync in-active (and well-knowing 1Password's buggy merge when you re-activate Dropbox Sync, and 1Password possibly overwrites passwords recently-updated on other devices back to their former state, thereby losing the new passwords), I followed advice from "Starting over [ with 1Password 4 ]" at http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/start-over.html .

rm -fr ~/"Library/Application Scripts"/*agilebits*
rm -fr ~/"Library/Containers"/*agilebits*
rm -fr ~/"Library/Group Containers"/*agilebits*

After this reset, when I start 1Password again, the following are the steps:

• "Welcome to 1Password 4" -> "Awesome! Let's Get Started"
  • "We found your data in Dropbox. Unlock it with your Master Password...."
  • Security -> "Lock after computer is idle for 5 minutes."
  • Rich Icons -> "Use Rich Icons"
  • 1Password Mini -> "Always keep 1Password mini running"
  • examining Preferences shows Dropbox Sync active, and all is good

After a log-out and log in, though, 1Password starts up again with the "Awesome! Let's get started" routine, but the steps are slightly different:

• "Welcome to 1Password 4" -> "Awesome! Let's Get Started"
  • no mention of Dropbox; just an unlock screen
  • again "Security"
  • again "Rich Icons"
  • again "1Password Mini"
  • examining Preferences shows no Dropbox Sync active, and I have to follow the reset steps above again

I've run the 1Password troubleshooting tool (http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/troubleshooting-utility.html) for permissions and extended attributes to no avail.

I'm hopeful you can offer advice.

Regards.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @seeemef‌,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• seeemef
    seeemef
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I also find this bit in system.log:

Jun 28 14:34:43 Machine1 sandboxd[128] ([90666]): 2BUA8C4S2C.com.a(90666) deny file-write-mode /Users/user1/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @seeemef,

Thanks for that information. I notice there hasn't been any further followup about this issue since Eva sent you a reply in email last month. I'm going to resend that to you now and it would be best if we continue working with you directly in email again. I'll close this topic so we're not muddling things up between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.