Not able to access my old 1Passwords info [moved to email]

Options
SuCrider
SuCrider
Community Member
edited July 2014 in iOS

I purchased 1Passwords on 1/1/13 and have filled in some passwords along with private notes. I was able to access it several times until yesterday I tried opening 1Passwords on my Macbook and it directed me to two options- I am new box or the I have used before box. I clicked on the I have used 1Passwords box before and all the options won't recognize my previous 1Passwords information (which has disappeared from my laptop too). Could it be that when I updated to 4, it removed all previous and started new? Help! I really want to know that my previous info is secure and can be discovered/restored into 1Password4. I have searched the discussion forums but could not find answers.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SuCrider‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. Upgrading to 1Password 4 should have no effect on your data. Did you use any app cleaners when removing the previous version? In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• SuCrider
    SuCrider
    Community Member
    Options

I've attached the screenshots of the version numbers of 1Password and the operating system of my Macbook.
    I don't use anything to keep my 1Passwords in sync--- last time I just left it on my laptop... TimeMachine may have saved back-up but when I searched my Time Machine... using .agile or whatever, it doesn't show. It doesn't show 1Passwords either.
    I do have an older password that would unlock my first 1Password log in. Would that help? I also have the Apple Store receipt displaying the date/time I first bought and downloaded the software.
    I did not use any app cleaners that would "remove" the previous version-- it was the upgrade to 1Password4 that seem to have replaced and started over.
    Anyway, hope you are able to help me out.
    Ugh... I can't attach screenshot- the picture icon in this email header only asks for image url. OS X Version 10.9.3 is my MacBook Pro's. 1Password Version 4.4.1.

• SuCrider
    SuCrider
    Community Member
    Options

Overlooked the "attach a file" link. Here are the photos.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SuCrider‌,

Thanks so much for sending along those version numbers, and for explaining your situation. Let's take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• SuCrider
    SuCrider
    Community Member
    Options

I've followed the instructions (which were very clear by the way!) with the exception that I didn't include the link to this thread along in the email. The email was sent from sucrider@mac.com and was probably sent at 12:03 AM on Thurs July 3rd.
    I will copy and paste this link into the email reply hope it will help you connect the email to this discussion thread.
    Many thanks for your help by suggesting the diagnostic report. Hope this will help us locate my lost 1Password information.

• SuCrider
    SuCrider
    Community Member
    Options

For your reference, my support ticket number is HMM-64668-576

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @SuCrider‌,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.