1Password not working in Chrome [Resolved: Configure Sophos]

Options
mpw
mpw
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

As of a few days 1Password isn’t expanding in Chrome. I’ve read your page:

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/browser_validation_failed.html?

The problem seems to be that Chrome is having problems updating itself. See attached screen dump.

I’ve tried simply reinstalling Chrome several times. That doesn’t help.

When trying to deactivate signature validation I find that I don’t have an “Advanced” menu to go to. See second attached screen dump.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.3, 1Password 4.4.1

I feel incredibly hampered by not being able to use 1Password! Please advise!!

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mpw,

Have you tried restarting your Mac, then reinstalling Chrome again? You might want to download a fresh copy from Google's https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/ page.

The second screen image is actually the Preferences window from TextExpander rather than 1Password, which is why you're not seeing an Advanced tab there. :)

But once Chrome is properly installed/updated, which I suggest doing first, you shouldn't need to disable the Verify browser code signature option in 1Password's Preferences/Advanced window/tab. If 1Password is still giving you trouble with a well-installed Chrome we'll want to figure out why and fix it.

• mpw
    mpw
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Whoops, how embarrassing to confuse 1Password and TextExpander. :-( Still, thanks for pointing that out, @sjk‌. It certainly explains the missing menu.

After looking in the right place, I have now found the Advanced menu, but I'd really rather not deactivate the signature validation.

I always turn my computer off at the end of the work day. I've already tried downloading a fresh copy, several times. Thus to my mind I've already tried what you suggest. Do you think restarting the computer and immediately downloading a fresh copy would really make a difference?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mpw,

Fine applications, they both are. :)

If Chrome is installed okay I'm not certain why it's displaying that "Update failed (error: 10)" error in the About window. Could be a permissions issue with the auto-updater rather than Chrome itself.

If you happen to have Sophos Antivirus software running, please take a look at @JasperP's post here for details about configuring Sophos:

Proven Solution (post #33)

Having to disable Verify browser code signature option for using 1Password with Chrome would indicate another problem that should be addressed. If it's not Sophos, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• mpw
    mpw
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding, @sjk.

I do use Sophos. I added the line for localhost and restarted Chrome. That seems to have fixed the problem! Thanks for the link.

The last few days I've learned to appreciate how important 1Password is in my workflow.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mpw,

I'm so glad that @sjk's steps got you all sorted out, thanks for letting us know! It's wonderful to hear that you find 1Password so useful. Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@ agilebits .com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.