Problem with password exceptions

Options
ads99
ads99
Community Member

I have a Mac Book Pro with the latest OS, that syncs with an iPhone 5S thru iCloud. I use Safari for my day to day activities - but use Chrome for my sensitive sites (only) such as bank accounts. I do not want these passwords saved - but while in Chrome, 1Password keeps asking to save the passwords even though the sites are entered as exception, do not save, in preferences. Is iCloud the problem? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ads99,

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't properly following these exceptions. I've got a few follow-up questions to see if we can track down where things are getting tangled up:

• Did you manually add these URLs in Preferences > Browser, or use the 'Never for this site' option in the 'Save New Login' pop-up?
    • Do the URLs you have saved in the Preferences match exactly the URL that you are visiting?
    • Could you send the URLs along to us so that we could do some testing on our end?
  • ads99
    ads99
    Community Member
    Options

Your questions promoted me to dig deeper in Mac's Keychain - I believe that was the primary problem. Chrome won't let a user manually access the do not save to add url's, and I can only get a few in the settings box - but overall I'm okay, and 1Password is NOT the problem. Thanks for the prompt reply.

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.