What's this app going to cost once it hits Google Play?

Options
clearnew
clearnew
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Android

So I opened my 1Password 4 for Android beta today and was alerted that my trial had ended. I panicked and went to the Google Play store to see what it cost to purchase. It wasn't there so I very quickly deducted (because I'm smart that way ;) ) that I just needed to update my beta.

I've done that now but find myself wondering about the price of this app once it hits Google Play. Is that something you have shared or are willing to share yet?

Just out of curiosity!

Thanks,

Lawrence

Comments

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member
    Options

The info below is the latest that I've seen. I've not seen the price of "premium" features. I believe that premium features will be available to all until August 1st.

"It will be a free download with in-app purchase for premium features. The awesome reader functionality will remain free. The ability to add items and edit your data will be premium features, which you can unlock with an in-app purchase. We will have more details on this when we get closer to release."

• clearnew
    clearnew
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag1pwun‌! I have seen that but forgot about it. I just hope it's not $18.00 like it is for iOS.

• _CH_
    _CH_
    Community Member
    Options

@clearnew I would agree about the pricing! I love 1password, but the iOS pricing is crazy for the functionality - however if the dev team lives up to what has been promised (not just dropping android development again) and can develop/integrate the same functionality that lastpass has, it would be worth at least a bit more than the ~5$ im thinking (hoping) it will cost. Probably not 2x more, but im sure it will end up around there :/

• mverde
    Options

We're not ready to announce the price of the premium features quite yet. Rest assured though, we will provide you with more details as we get closer to the end of the free trial. Stay tuned for more details over the summer.

• clearnew
    clearnew
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @mverde‌! I'm committed now no matter what as I upgraded my 1Password for Windows yesterday. :)

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of mverde, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.