Auto fill not working

Options
lynaugh
lynaugh
Community Member

I have tried (as best I can) all the suggested fixes to no avail. It does not work in any browser. I think it stopped working around two weeks ago. Missing my autofill :(

Matt

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Matt ( @lynaugh ),

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with filling, and I'll do what I can to get this sorted for you just as soon as possible. I'm assuming that you've already looked through our 1Password fails to fill data document, but just in case you haven't, please do so. If those are the fixes you are referring to, and none of them has worked, I am going to need a bit more detail in order to track this trouble down:

• Please provide the version numbers of 1Password, your browsers and your operating system.
    • What is the version number of the browser extension? (This can be found in the Extensions pane of your browser's preferences.)
    • Does filling fail on every website, or are there a few that are causing trouble for you? (If there are a few problem sites, please provide the URLs so that we can do some testing here.

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• timcole
    timcole
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Same here. I've just transferred my stuff to a new iMac, and when I enter cmd\ I get the "Cannot Fill item in Web Browser" message. I've checked all the points in the troubleshooting guide "1P fails to fill data" to no avail. Like Benny I'm on OS 10.9.3, Safari 7.0.4, 1P 4.4.1 (via App Store), 1P extension 4.2.3, and I've run the Install Autosubmit.app. The problem seems to occur on all sites - I've not found one where it works.

Thanks for your thoughts - Tim

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timcole,

I'm sorry to hear that filling is acting up for you. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• bennyd99
    bennyd99
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Magan,

Thanks for the quick response. the report sent along with a link to here and my forum username.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bennyd99‌

Thanks for sending that Report along! I originally moved your post on this thread into it's own separate thread since you were discussing Idenity Filling in particular, whereas the previous posters were having general filling issues. From that thread it appears that your issue has been resolved. Is there anything the support team needs to check on in the Diagnostics Report, or are things working smoothly for you now?

• timcole
    timcole
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

Thanks for your response. I've sent the diagnostic report, mentioning this link and my tag. I now find I can't autofill on either of my iMacs or my MacBook Air, so the problem is clearly infectious...

• achase77
    achase77
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having similar autofill login issues on several websites. I just upgraded to version 4. Now Verizonwireless.com and my local bank autofills don't work properly. In addition, Chase.com autofills and triggers the the login, but the page stops loading and all I get is a solid white page, but if I do it myself, everything works correctly. Also, I get the same results on both Chrome 35.0 and Firefox 30.0. I'm running OSX 10.9.4 and extension 4.2.3 on both browsers. I have read the link posted above about 1Password fails to autofill.

Thanks for your help in advance.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timcole,

We've got your email with the report; thanks for sending that. Looks like Kris will be helping you out now. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @achase77,

When you are having trouble with just a few Logins, the first step is always to try saving a new Login manually. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

I was able to create Logins for both Verizon and Chase that fill correctly using these steps, I hope they work for you too! If you're still having trouble after saving a new Login, please let me know the specific URLs that you are using, and we'll investigate further.

• achase77
    achase77
    Community Member
    Options

In at least one of those sites, I had created a new login using the auto save feature, but that didn't work. Using your manual method fixed all of the issues I was having. Thanks for the help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @achase77‌

I'm so glad to hear that the instructions on how to Save a New Login Manually got things sorted out for you! This is always a good first step in troubleshooting whenever a Login starts misbehaving for you, as it allows 1Password to re-learn the fields that it needs to fill on a site.

If you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.