Browser String

Options
vs2014
vs2014
Community Member

1Password seems to insert itself into the Header info the browser sends

"Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CP
U OS 7.1.1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) 1Password/4.5.1 (like Version/11D201 Mobile/7.1.1 Safari/8536.25)"

How to remove this info?

Comments

• buggypac
    buggypac
    Community Member
    Options

There's a setting in the options to make it appear as normal Mobile Safari.

• vs2014
    vs2014
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @vs2014,

I'm glad buggypac's advice was helpful! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

For anyone else looking to change 1Browser's user agent, please open 1Password, go to Settings > 1Browser > User Agent, and select your preferred user agent from the list.

• jamesreggio
    jamesreggio
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP‌, the choice of default User Agent is somewhat troublesome.

The 1Password browser identifies as like Safari, which breaks the most common means of identifying whether an iOS browser is a UIWebView or full-fledged Safari.

A number of websites have been adapted to work within the limitations of UIWebView (like the lack of proper window.open support, which is a common complaint in these forums), but your User Agent effectively prevents your users from taking advantage of this feature detection unless web developers add additional special-casing to their regular expressions.

Perhaps your development team will reconsider for a future release.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jamesreggio‌

Thanks so much for adding your thoughts here. While I can't comment on our future plans, I'd be happy to pass your thoughts along to our developers. :)

This discussion has been closed.