Helper not running in v3.8.22

I just upgraded to the latest 1P 3 and am getting a warning from the Safari extension that it cannot talk to the helper process.
iPasswordAgent is NOT running and there are multiple messages in Console saying "1Password: Stopping 1PasswordAgent".

Did something go wrong with the upgrade? I have tried fixing permissions, reinstalling, etc.

I ran the standalone diagnostics and it reports:

Configuration

Helper/agent process is not running. This can cause problems with the 1Password browser extensions.
The 1Password Helper background process is not set for automatic starting. This will prevent access to keyboard shortcuts, Universal Unlock and data syncing of items between 1Password and the browsers. Please choose the 1Password > Preferences > Extensions pane and enable the checkbox for 'Keep helper running ...'.

Unfortunately there is no 1Password > Preferences > Extensions pane in 1Password 3...

Comments

• clanger9
    clanger9
    Community Member

A bit more info: it appears that the 1Password desktop app is sending a shutdown signal to the 1Password helper (!)

If I start 1PasswordAgent manually, it runs fine:

06/07/2014 13:15:59.498 Firewall: 1PasswordAgent is listening from 127.0.0.1:6258 proto=6

However, as soon as I start the desktop app, 1PasswordAgent is shut down:

06/07/2014 13:18:41.547 1Password: Stopping 1PasswordAgent
    06/07/2014 13:18:41.659 1PasswordAgent: 1PasswordAgent received a shutdown notification
    06/07/2014 13:18:41.663 1PasswordAgent: Shutting down 1PasswordAgent 3.8.22 #32010 built May 21 2014 22:32:25

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @clanger9,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. If you don't mind, we'd love to see that Diagnostics Report to better understand where things are getting tangled up here. (In fact, a fresh Diagnostics Report would be even better!)

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• clanger9
    clanger9
    Community Member

Thanks, diagnostic report sent. In the meantime, I have reverted to v3.8.21, which seems to work fine.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @clanger9,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

(And I'm glad to hear that 3.8.21 is behaving for you in the meantime!)

• clanger9
    clanger9
    Community Member

I've sent it again, this time using my registered from: address.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @clanger9,

I've found your Diagnostics Report now - thanks for sending it in (again)! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

internal reference number: BAX-86857-469

This discussion has been closed.