Can't figure out how to enter 1Password License [resolved with 1Password 4 license update purchase]

Options
bryanschmiedeler
bryanschmiedeler
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

I am sure I have messed something up somehow, but I have 1Password for Mac at work and it is asking for my license. So I got my licenses emailed to me (very convenient service) but then when I went to put them in to 1Password (1Password ==> Licenses) I needed to grab a file, not paste in a license.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Bryan

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does this knowledge base article help?

Stephen

• bryanschmiedeler
    bryanschmiedeler
    Community Member
    Options

Actually it doesn't because that is not the email I received. The email I received does not have a license file.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If you don't have a license file, you must not be using 1Password 4. AgileBits switched from using an alphanumeric password key that you could paste in to the current license file when they released version 4. Or it you are using version 4; that explains why the alphanumeric key doesn't work.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bryan ( @bryanschmiedeler ),

I'd be glad to help you with your 1Password license issue.

I wasn't able to locate any record of your purchase of 1Password 4 for Mac from the AgileBits Store. 1Password 4 for Mac is a paid upgrade from 1Password 3 for Mac. Here are a few options:

1. Upgrade your 1Password 3 for Mac license to a 1Password 4 for Mac license in our online store, at a substantially reduced price. Please use this store link and enter your 1Password 3 for Mac License Code to view all your discounted upgrade options:

Upgrades for Existing License Owners

This is the most economical option if you do choose to upgrade.

2. Upgrade in the Mac App Store:

1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet

1Password 4 for Mac from our AgileBits webstore has been tested with, and supports iCloud sync.  We can not guarantee that Apple will continue to provide iCloud for apps sold outside of the Mac App Store.  If iCloud sync is very important to you, then we recommend that you purchase through the Mac App Store.

3. You can continue using 1Password 3 for Mac. It is still a great product, even if it doesn't have all the latest bells and whistles. You can read about some of the new features in 1Password 4 in our experience guide:

What's New in 1Password 4 for Mac?

Surely you're already familiar with at least some of that from prior usage. :)

If you need to re-download 1Password 3, you can find it on our web site:

Legacy Versions of 1Password

And if you really do think you've purchased the upgrade from us at some point, please e-mail us directly, including a link to this forum topic in your message, and we'll take care of you. :)

Thanks!

• bryanschmiedeler
    bryanschmiedeler
    Community Member
    Options

I was in the beta program and I think I just forgot. Anyway I just purchased the 1Password 4 upgrade for Mac and Windows and all is well now. Sorry to trouble you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

'Twas no trouble at all, Bryan. :)

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this topic. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to start a new forum topic or email us directly at support@ agilebits .com

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.