System Tray Icon is confusing

NOTE: This discussion assumes no use of any browser extensions during the current user session.

I had assumed that the unlocked image indicated that a vault was currently unlocked, and that the locked image showed that all vaults were locked.

But it appears this is only the case if you have Universal Unlock turned on in Browser Preferences. If you turn it off, the icon image never changes, regardless of your vault status. Furthermore, with UU turned off, locking your vault fails to make the normal sound effect.

I hope these are just bugs than can be fixed, because otherwise it's way too confusing. P.S. I'm on ver. 4.0.0.499.

Comments

• Hi @Rabbit32‌,

Thanks for reporting these!

If you turn it off, the icon image never changes, regardless of your vault status.

I believe the logic is that it is referring the lock status of your browser extensions more than your main program. While you can see the main program's lock status, that is not true for the browser extensions.

I believe this is intentional but I'll ask again and see if we can document this better.

Furthermore, with UU turned off, locking your vault fails to make the normal sound effect.

I cannot reproduce this, it does make the lock sound when it locks with UU turned off. Can you confirm this is still happening in the latest 4.0.1 update?

This discussion has been closed.