Show custom/note fields for Logins in Helper [Under consideration]

alamarco
alamarco
Community Member
edited July 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

In the old 1Password you could view all fields in the 1Password extension. This is extremely useful as I keep many notes in my logins.

The new 1Password 4 does not let you see the other fields besides your username and password. So now I cannot see my notes. Instead of just viewing the login and then viewing the notes which takes 2 steps I now have to do the following:

• View the login
  • Right-click the login (because the new 1Password has added this extra tedious step to see information)
  • Choose Open in 1Password
  • Unlock the 1Password desktop app

The steps are now 4 and a lot more tedious with the amount of mouse work involved in having to right-click the login to access this information.

Can all data be displayed in the extension like the old one used to work? At minimum I would like to see the notes section added back. This new version of 1Password seems to have been dumbed down and missing a lot of vital pieces that the old version included. I don't get how you can upgrade to a new version and lose so much.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2014

Hi @alamarco‌,

The new 1Password extension's UI is now native, making it more responsive and it provides us with a single interface codebase for all browsers. It's being generated alongside 1Password, rather than being a part of the browser. The previous extensions were using an HTML/CSS/JS interface that each browser had to build for us but it was getting to be too limited and slowed down the performance because it needed to include an internal database.

We'll keep working on improving the extension based on feedback we're getting here.

In the meantime, we already do provide you with the entire list of fields when you right-click on other non-login items, like the credit card:

I'll ask if we can do the same for Logins.

Thanks!

• alamarco
    alamarco
    Community Member

Thank you! That's exactly what I need for Login items. I don't use any other items besides Logins. Hopefully transitioning the method from Credit Cards to Logins won't be difficult.

• MikeT
    edited July 2014

Hi @alamarco,

I've talked with the developer and it seems like it is actually a difficult process. The main reason is that the template fields you see for the Credit Cards are built into a single file that we can compile for the Helper to read from. The problem is that the custom fields you need like the note fields aren't that flexible, it's not always consistent and it is user created rather than program-created. That's why you don't see the notes for Credit Cards item as well.

With that in mind, that doesn't mean it's never going to happen. It's just going to take some time to figure this out and get it in there.

This discussion has been closed.