Failed to open 1Password database - "database is locked" error [moved to email]

Options
JodiSte01
JodiSte01
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

I get following error:

1Password mini failed to open database because of the following problem: 'database is locked'.

Additional information:
2014-07-10 19:19:08 +0000
Error Domain=SQLite Code=5 "database is locked" UserInfo=0x7ff2c955c7c0 {SQLiteExtenderError=5, NSLocalizedDescription=database is locked}

Any idea what to do?

This happened after updating to OS X 10.9.4

Please advice

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have more than one user account on your Mac? If so, see this thread.

If not, try the suggested solution here.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JodiSte01,

I hope @Stephen_C's suggestions helped you get 1Password running again!

But if you're still having trouble please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• JodiSte01
    JodiSte01
    Community Member
    Options

After another restart the application seems to work fine now (no more error messages), but the data on my iPad is different to my iMac. Both syncing with iCloud and to my knowledge I only have 1 account.
    This is really not good. Specially Bank details. On my Mac are the old one's (old cards) and on my iPad the new one's. I am getting worried that the wrong one's will override the correct ones and then I am stuck.
    I am changing my passwords on a regular basis and with over 200 Passwords I can't afford to get this wrong.

Please advice.

Cheers

John

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi John ( @JodiSte01 ),

Now that we've received your email and Diagnostics Report sent earlier today, I'm including your comments from here with that support ticket and closing this topic. We'll continue followup through email so wires aren't getting crossed between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.