Problems with iCloud sync [moved to email]

Options
DonD
DonD
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

I have a Macbook Pro, iPhone 5 and iPad 2. I noticed that my sync settings wasn't synced. The Mac was using Dropbox, The phone was using iCloud and the iPad wasn't set up for syncing.

So I figured I should set this up properly and I decided to use Dropbox. But the phone app refused to accept this setup. It would connect to Dropbox ok but in the final step where I chose the Dropbox folder it would end with an error.

I decided to use iCloud instead but I still have issues making this work.

After changing the Mac sync setting from Dropbox to iCloud and activating the iPad I added a secure note on each device to see if it would sync like this "iPad test" "Mac test" "iPhone test"

Here are my results so far:

Mac
"Mac test" OK
"iPhone test" OK
"iPad test" MISSING

iPhone
"Mac test" MISSING
"iPhone test" OK
"iPad test" OK

iPad1
"Mac test" MISSING
"iPhone test" OK
"iPad test" OK

There is a sync now button in iOS. I have used it on both devices.

The Mac app don't have a sync now command what I can see. The preference for syncing show the iCloud being active with a message below saying "Never synced". But the "iPhone test" is synced earlier today?

I try to restart the Mac App but after quitting it I can't start it again. I get the error below. It's in Swedish but I'm sure you know what that is anyway.

1Password mini kunde inte öppna databas på grund av följande problem: 'database is locked'.

Ytterligare information:
2014-07-12 17:47:42 +0000
Error Domain=SQLite Code=5 "database is locked" UserInfo=0x7fe1b246c7e0 {SQLiteExtenderError=5, NSLocalizedDescription=database is locked}

Directly after this error I get another error from the app in the Dock:

Couldn't connect to iPassword mini. Try restarting 1Password

But restarting is of course a catch22. The only thing I can do to make it start again is reboot the Mac.

I have moved the Mac app to the trash and installed a new one from the AppStore.
I have rebooted the iPhone and the iPad.

Please help me sort this out.

Comments

• DonD
    DonD
    Community Member
    Options

I made a complete uninstall of the 1Password Mac app (using FileBuddy so I could remove everything). I saved a copy of the latest backup.

After a restart and reinstalling the app I restored from the backup. The Mac app can now be restarted without problems.

After this I activated the iCloud sync and added the secure note "Mac test" again.

The note is not showing up on the phone or ipad. 1Password on my Mac show 1136 items, The iOS devices show 1106 items. So it looks like the iOS apps are syncing to each other and the Mac app isn't syncing at all.

So I need help with making this work.

• DonD
    DonD
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

I added a new secure note on the phone and could see it show up on the iPad. Then I restarted 1Password and the mini app to see if that could trigger an update. Now the previous error "database is locked" is back again. :-S

This is what the Console log say about it.

2014-07-12 23:39:32,455 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[182]: (2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper) Conflict with job: 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper over Mach service: 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper

2014-07-12 23:39:32,712 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper[723]: 441006 [HELPER:0x7fb3b341f4e0:] M applicationWillFinishLaunching: | Starting 1Password mini 4.4.1 #441006 built May 25 2014 17:11:51

2014-07-12 23:39:32,763 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper[723]: 441006 [HELPER:0x7fb3b341f4e0:] M applicationDidFinishLaunching: | Starting 1Password mini 4.4.1 #441006 built May 25 2014 17:11:51

2014-07-12 23:39:32,788 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper[723]: 441006 [SQLITE:0x7fb3b3573dc0:] E exec:error: | Failed to execute sql [PRAGMA journal_mode = WAL]: 'database is locked'.

• DonD
    DonD
    Community Member
    Options

This all looked very strange and since it's so simple to reinstall Mac OS X I did just that. The iCloud syncing is now working finally.

But I can still NOT restart 1Password on the Mac. I get the "database is locked" error again.

I tried logging out but that doesn't help. Only a reboot will make it work again.

So help is still needed with this.

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi DonD,

Thanks for contacting us via email regarding this situation. We will handle it there going forward.

internal reference number: VUG-26719-226

This discussion has been closed.