1Password 4 Mac not Dropbox synching with 1P IOS and 1P Windows 3 [moved to email]

Options
dbf73
dbf73
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Things had been going fine running v3 of 1P Mac along with v3 of 1P Windows and 1P IOS on both an iPhone and an iPad and synching via Dropbox. When I upgraded to v4 of 1P Mac, even though it was configured to sync via Dropbox, I eventually figured out that it wasn't synching with the other devices. The other three devices continued to sync properly. I was about to update to v4 of 1P Windows but wanted to resolve this before doing so. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dbf73,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble keeping things synced up lately. I've got a few basic things that we want to check regarding Dropbox first, before we get into the serious troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that Dropbox is installed and running on your computers
    • Check that you are logged in with the same account on all computers and devices
    • On your Mac, confirm that Dropbox sync is selected in 1Password > Preferences > Sync
    • On your iOS device, confirm that Dropbox is selected in Settings > Sync
    • On your PC, confirm the location of your data file by looking in Preferences > General (make sure it's the same as on your Mac)

If all of those items check out, let's run a test and see where things are getting tripped up:

• Create a test entry on your Mac ("Test, Mac") and add some data
    • Create a test entry on your PC ("Test, PC") and add some data
    • Create a test entry on each of your iOS devices ("Test, iPhone/iPad") and add some data
    • Does "Test for Mac" and/or "Test for PC" show up on either of your iOS devices?
    • Does "Test for iPhone/iPad" and/or "Test for PC" show up on your Mac?
    • Does "Test for iPhone/iPad" and/or "Test for Mac" show up on your PC?
    • Log in to the Dropbox website and click on the 1Password.html file inside your 1Password.agilekeychain folder
    • Enter your Master Password
    • Do either or any of your test entries show up in your database here?

Please let me know the results of this little experiment - once we have a better idea of where things are going sideways, we should be able to get this straightened out simply for you :)

When you reply, it would be extra helpful to get the version numbers of 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices that are currently running 1Password.

• dbf73
    dbf73
    Community Member
    Options

like before, the 2 IOS devices (running 1P 4.5.3 and IOS 7.1.2), and 1P Windows (running 1.0.9.341 and Windows 7) sync and show each others' test entries as suggested. The 1P Mac (1P 4.4.1 and OSX 10.9.4) entries don't show in the other 3 machines or vice versa. Wonder if it has something to do with what I see in Dropbox. At the main level of Dropbox there is both 1Password.agilekeychain and a 1Password folder containing 1Password.agilekeychain. All 4 machines sync Dropbox itself properly

• Jasper
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @dbf73,

So we can look into this further, could you please please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac and one other device, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• dbf73
    dbf73
    Community Member
    Options

reports just sent

thanks

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @dbf73,

We've received your email with report; thanks for sending that in! We'll review it and follow up directly through email with suggestions for resolving your syncing problem. I'll close this topic now so we're not getting wires crossed between here and there. :)

internal reference number: GZA-17716-186

This discussion has been closed.