Chrome extension 0.8.1 fails to fill several forms

antifuchs
antifuchs
Community Member
edited September 2010 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hi there,

since Chrome (version 6.0.472.63) upgraded the extension to 0.8.1, Chrome is having troubles filling in several fields that were working flawlessly before. One example is this:

https://businessnet.bankaustria.at/disp?link=bn_login&lang=de#ob

Selecting a login that has been working for months (and is working outside of chrome) doesn't input anything in the <input> fields.

Also, is there an easier way to report failing forms than here in the forums?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Is it possible that the site has updated their login code?

Unfortunately, there are some things that website programmers can do to make it impossible for 1Password to do its job. We are constantly striving for 100% success, but of the over 1 trillion sites on the Internet, there will undoubtedly be some that (often unknowingly) work against 1Password.

The particular site you reference is using some JavaScript to modify the page. 1Password works flawlessly with standards-based HTML forms. Please contact the website owners directly and ask them if they realize that they are using nonstandard JavaScript on their login form which makes life difficult for not only users of 1Password like your yourself but also may create accessibility issues for disabled users employing assistive technology. Many times, companies are not even aware of the problem and are happy to fix it.

I encourage you to contact them and voice your opinion.

One thing you might try in the meantime is editing the login in 1Password and changing Submit from "If Autosubmit is ON" to "Never." This will allow you to manually add and delete a character from the end of your password before submitting it.

The site is using a JavaScript function that looks for a *literal* key press. If you change just one letter and change it back, a manual login should very well work. I do not have an account on the site to verify this, but it works on many other sites employing a similar technique.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
  • Skeeter
    Skeeter
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Is it possible that the site has updated their login code?

Unfortunately, there are some things that website programmers can do to make it impossible for 1Password to do its job. We are constantly striving for 100% success, but of the over 1 trillion sites on the Internet, there will undoubtedly be some that (often unknowingly) work against 1Password.

So, i am on chrome this morning, and i go to log in to what is a not-so-obscure site, and no username filled out. I would think that this site might make your internal list of MRU links, eh?

www.amazon.com

user name is showing up in the SEARCH ALL DEPARTMENTS field. password is in the right spot.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Hi Skeeter,

Please try resaving your login for Amazon by moving your current login to the trash and ensure that autosave is enabled (Preferences > Logins > CHECK "Enable Autosave of Logins in browser").

This is not an issue we are able to reproduce in the lab. Please let me know how it goes!

UPDATE: Upon closer investigation, this does not seem to be working in Chrome. My apologies. It is working in other browsers (Safari, Firefox, etc.) but not Chrome. Thank you for bringing this up. I think my brain thought I was in a different forum for a minute. :blink:
This discussion has been closed.