Improve search please!

Options
macklee
macklee
Community Member

Good job on the new 1P Android app =D>, it's tons better than the old one, but there are a couple things that could make it even better, both related to search! (After all, that's about the only thing any of us do when we open the app: look for a password. I'm not going to browse through all my thousands of passwords on that little screen to decide where I'm going to go: I'm looking for a specific password so I can get on with things.)

So, thing number one: make it easy to search right away. Why not have it open with a search box ready to go with the keyboard popping up right away? At least have a setting so you can select where you want to start (search page, favorites page, etc). I have never not wanted to search when I opened it (same thing with the desktop version).
Thing number two (speaking of the desktop version): make the search results better. What do I mean by "better"? More like the desktop version: sorted by date and with more info. I've got a ton of old legacy passwords from ages past and I'm not going to waste all day cleaning them out. On my desktop version, search results are ordered by date with the most recent on top. There's also more info than the name under which it was saved so I can identify the rare time when I don't want the most recent password. Currently, the Android search gives a list of the names of the passwords, many of which are the same and I have no idea which ones are new and which ones were from 7.5 years ago then I started using 1P.

So, the search is way better than it was, but still has a way to go to be good.

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi @macklee! Thanks for your support of 1Password. I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying the new version of 1Password on your Android device. :)

We have received a lot of feedback around making search better accessible in 1Password and this is something our development team will be looking into. I’ll definitely add your vote for this request. I’ll also pass on your feedback about making search better. I can understand how useful it would be for users holding a lot of items in their vault.

Thanks again for your feedback. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.