Password Autofill of a partial username [Not possible at this time]

Options
windfire
windfire
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

I have a issue and was wondering if anybody had a workaround. At work we deal with many accounts (cloud business). When we want to work in an account we put in a username of 343popsupport(for example) and a secret support password. 343 is the account number and popsupport is always present. So there can be 345popsupport...346popsupport and so on. I work on a mac and everyone else works on windows. With keypass they can just type in any number 343 or 345, 356 and keypass fills out the popsupport and password automatically. But with 1password it wipes out the account number and just populates popsupport.

Just wondering if anybody had a workaround.

Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @windfire,

Thanks for writing in to explain your use-case here. That certainly is an interesting situation.

Unfortunately, at this time, 1Password cannot fill in a partial username. I would suggest either manually entering the username and using 1Password to fill the information, or disabling auto submit for the entry and manually adding the account's prefix after filling.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you here, but I do hope this helps!

• windfire
    windfire
    Community Member
    Options

Cool
    Thank You

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @windfire‌

I'm glad that helped, at least a little! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.