Recovering 1Password on a New Computer

Options
bob99999999
bob99999999
Community Member

I'm having a problem getting 1Password to work on a new computer. I created this computer from the Time Machine saved on an external drive from the last computer (which failed utterly and I can't get back into). Somehow, this seemed to have 'broken' 1Password. I sync my data via Dropbox to many other computers and devices, so that data is there and intact. However, while expecting a 'do you have an existing vault' message when I started up, I got a normal password request. I entered the password for my primary - wrong. For my secondary vault - wrong. I thought it may be confused, closed 1pass and navigated to the dropbox folder where it's stored. Double clicked on the primary vault, it opened normal as asked for a password. I enter the password - wrong. I tried the same on my secondary - wrong. I use the app store 'crippleware' version, so I went to launch pad and deleted the program, than did searches to find the rest of the files, deleted anything I could find (I guess that means if it had the world '1Password' or 'agile' in it, or was contained in a folder with those names then I found and deleted it. If 1Password is stashing 'secret' files around my system, then obviously I didn't find them). Re-downloaded 1Password from the app store. and tried all the same things. Still nothing. I have no idea what to do now. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, to avoid all the obvious, I'm still using the two vaults on other machines, so I know the passwords I'm entering are correct. I did to a clean reinstall (well, as clean as I can - noted above), and have tried to force launch it by double clicking the vaults in the finder. These have all been tired to no avail. Thanks.

Comments

• bob99999999
    bob99999999
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, and forgive the 'one time only' account used here, but my real account data is locked safely in the 1Password vaults I can't open.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @bob99999999,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble! So we can investigate, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.