Dropbox Sync

Options
gagaga
gagaga
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I'm using 1Password 4.4 (Mac App Store) on Mac OS X Mavericks. It had worked fine until recently, but I noticed that the Dropbox sync stopped working. I went to Preferences screen, and the settings for Dropbox Sync was gone. So, I chose the 1Password.agilekeychain file (see attached) then I clicked "Continue". Nothing happened. This dialog just stays open. The only thing I can do is to click "Cancel". So I can't re-enable sync.

Then, I started over by following the steps described on the following page. I was able to setup the sync again and worked fine for some time. BUT, it is happening again.
http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/start-over.html

Comments

• gagaga
    gagaga
    Community Member
    Options

That's one of the default locations for 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• ~/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain OR
    • ~/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain

So, it should be fine. Also, I have another Mac with the same version of the app and OS and the same location of the file, and it works fine on that machine.

• gagaga
    gagaga
    Community Member
    Options

(I can still see my attachement from my post #1.)

Thank you for the link. But that's exactly what I did after I reset (remove related files). And it worked fine with the my file location. The problem is that setting does not stick. It's gone after a while.

• CharlesM
    CharlesM
    Community Member
    Options

I too am having problems with dropbox sync stopping on my mac. I am running version 4.4.1 on my mac with os x 10.9.4. When I go into the settings it looks like it is no longer configured to sync. I am running version 4.5.1 on my iPhone and that continues to work just fine.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @gagaga,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble! So we can investigate, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Hi @CharlesM,

Please try completely re-setting Dropbox sync:

• On your iOS device(s), open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Mac(s), open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password 4 menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and then Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• Restart all your devices.

• On your Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back to any other Macs and iOS devices and re-enable Dropbox sync.

If that doesn't fix the issue, please email us a Diagnostics Report as described above.

This discussion has been closed.