Multiple different logins use work password. Can I update all of them at the same time?

Options
ckwarren
ckwarren
Community Member

Our university has several different systems which require the same login credentials. One Password is treating each site as a different login. When IT forces me to update my password, One Password does not use the updated password on the other campus sites as it thinks they are different logins. Is it possible to force some login sites to always use the same credentials as another 'master' login password in my keychain?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you make one login item and then add multiple website entries to that single entry it should work. Get the first one set up, and then visit each site in turn to get the full login URL and add them one by one. If it works as I believe it should then it would mean a single item to update when you change your password.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ckwarren,

What @littlebobbytables suggests (thanks, lbt! :)) should do the trick. This article has related information:

Add multiple URLs to a Login item

Also mentioned briefly under the Multiple URLs Per Login section of this one:

The main 1Password program - 1Password for Mac

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.