Sync=Double Log-in + How to get back to main screen?

Options
drinkn1
drinkn1
Community Member

Two questions:
1) When I open the application and enter my password, it loads up...then the sync refresh from the drop-box...then I have to log in a second time. Why? If I'm opening the vault to get the refresh, then I am obviously authenticated and authorized. So I do not know why there is a second login required.
2) Since it is forcing the use of a "built in" browser...am I missing the way to get back to the 1Password application? I log onto a page, click around for awhile...and the only way I can get back to the 1Password screen is to either hit the back button dozens of times, or kill the task. I figured the little key icon would do it, but it just tells me what site I'm logged onto. Am I missing something here? (I could be!)

Ed

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi Ed! Thank you for your feedback.

1. You should not be asked to enter your master password or PIN code multiple times. This is an issue that a small number of users have also reported experiencing and our team is currently looking into it. In the meantime, could you try rebooting your device? Some of our users mentioned rebooting helps.

2. A single tap on the device back button should close the built-in browser and return you back into 1Password. What happens when you tap on the back button once from the built-in browser? Could you provide us with more details about the device and OS you're using?

• drinkn1
    drinkn1
    Community Member
    Options

For the multiple password entry...that happens when i add an entry onto my desktop version (registered) and then later use my droid. I use a Samsung S5 on 4.4.2 and Motorola xoom running cyanide 4.4 4.
    As far as number two goes I have figured it out. But when I was experimenting it seemed to act differently. I'll continue seeing if I can find anything.

• drinkn1
    drinkn1
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, answered from my phone and auto-correct turned Cyanogen into cyanide. : )
    Just as FYI. I made no changes to the application on windows, and when opened the android app, there was a single log-on prompt. I rebooted my phone and my PC. Added an entry on my PC and then exited the program. I then logged onto my phone, opened 1Password, it asked for the vault. The sync icon start spinning...then when the notification that Sync was complete, the 1Password screen went from the standard user interface directly back to the login/password screen.
    I'm still trying to repeat my back issue...I am believing that is a pure PEBKAC issue. : )

Ed

• saad
    edited July 2014
    Options

Interesting. Thanks for the update. Do you know the version number of 1Password you are using on your Windows PC? What type of item are you adding on your PC that's causing this (if it matters)? I want to look into reproducing this on our side so we can fix the issue you are experiencing.

• drinkn1
    drinkn1
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 4.0.5.103 on my Win 7 machine connecting to dropbox. I've only added logins in the PC side. When I restart my android (S5, 4.4.2) and start 1Password on the android, I will log in, and it will do a sync. Then, while I'm scrolling to find the link I want to use, the sync fires off again (the refresh arrows start turning) and it takes me out to re-enter the password. This is not 100% of the time, but happens often enough to notice.
    One other thing....I have the no notification of sync option checked, and it still displays that a sync happened.
    Feel free to contact me as you wish...
    Thanks!

• saad
    Options

Thank you so much for the information. I was finally able to reproduce this issue on my devices after several tries. It seems to happen on random occasions. I have passed on this information, along with the steps to reproduce it to our development team so they can look into fixing this problem.

As for the notifications, this thread might help explain what you're experiencing.

Thanks again for your help. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.