Correct versions for older Mac OS, newest iOS?

Options
JonXS
JonXS
Community Member

I've been testing out a trial version of 1Password for Mac, but from my reading of the forums, it seems a bit of a Catch-22 for users of older Macs and newer iPhones.
I my case, I have an 8-year-old iMac running OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). It has the latest Firefox (31) but the OS won't upgrade much further due to various considerations. My iPhone 4 runs iOS 7.1.2.
I see the latest 1Password version for Macs on 10.6.8 is v3.8.22
I also see the above set-up will only sync with 1Password 3 for iOS.
However, the appstore only has 1P4.
Am I wrong here - or is there some other solution?
If syncing this set-up is possible, could it make use of the Watchtower service?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @JonXS,

Thanks for giving 1Password 3.8.22 a test drive on your older Mac. I hope that's been going well and I'd be happy to help with getting your data synced between your Mac and iPhone!

The first thing to do is configure Dropbox syncing for 1Password 3 on your Mac so that you'll have 1Password data in Dropbox.

Then during the first time setup of 1Password 4 for iOS on your iPhone, you'll tap I’ve used 1Password before and follow the existing 1Password user instructions to Sync With Dropbox.

I also see the above set-up will only sync with 1Password 3 for iOS.

Not if you're using Dropbox syncing. :)

If syncing this set-up is possible, could it make use of the Watchtower service?

The syncing is definitely possible, although the Watchtower service is currently only supported with 1Password 4 for Mac and Windows applications and on the 1Password Watchtower web site.

If you'd like more help with this or anything else please give us a holler. :)

This discussion has been closed.