Autofill and Firefox 31

Options
cradom
cradom
Community Member

Running 4.4.1 and new Firefox 31. Worked fine yesterday. Today, cannot autofill, "browser not verified". No new extensions in last several weeks.
Browser extension 4.2.3. Had to go into 1Password's preferences and turn off browser validations to get it to fill.
Help?

Comments

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated to FF 31 and now the 1password icon has disappeared from the toolbar. So removed 1password from FF thinking there must be a new version or mine is corrupted, and now I can't find where to download and install the newest version. Please help.

• cradom
    cradom
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Right-click on toolbar, Customize toolbar. Drag it back. Or did you uninstall it completely?
    Open 1Password, 1Password menu/Install browser extensions.

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

I uninstalled it and via a google search (not agilebits website navigation, unfortunately), I was able to find the download page for the extension and reinstalled it. For now, it's appearing on the toolbar. FYI, before it wasn't showing under Customize -- but I'm having this same problem with another extension.

Autofill still doesn't work, though.

And for that matter, the only way I can use 1password now to log in is to manually copy and paste the un/pw from 1password.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cradom,

Sorry to hear about your trouble with 1Password filling in Firefox! Here are suggestions that may resolve it, some which you may have already tried:

First, refer to this support article for troubleshooting tips:

1Password fails to fill data

In particular, if you happen to have Sophos Antivirus software running please take a look at @JasperP's post here for details about configuring Sophos:

Proven Solution (post #33)

Reinstalling the application may work, as @JasperP described earlier in:

Proven Solution (post #40)

And if you still can't resolve the problem, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful so we can keep an eye open for it. :)

Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @bluesky,

If Firefox is your default web browser you can select Install Browser Extensions from the main 1Password application menu, as shown and described in setting up browsers, to open the 1Password 4 Browser Extension page. Or, just use that direct link. :)

Edit: I just saw your followups, which I merged together into a single post. Can you have a look at the filling troubleshooting steps that I mentioned in my reply to @cradom‌ and if those don't help email us the Diagnostics Report? Thanks!

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member
    Options

Seems that there's a lot of crazy stuff going on with FF, hard to detect where's it's all coming from. Disabling and reinstalling a couple other extensions as well, and then restarting FF seems to have for now resolved the problem.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good, @bluesky! I didn't have any trouble with 1Password filling after the Firefox 31 update, but also don't have too many other extensions installed. If you do have more problems with that or anything else please let us know!

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member
    Options

Doesn't work for Twitter. If I'm on a blank tab or window and type in twitter in 1password and select it, nothing happens, not even the website comes up. Works fine for other sites, though. Why should it be different with Twitter? I've checked and reentered the correct login url.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bluesky,

With a blank window/tab open in Firefox, what happens when you open 1Password mini from outside the web browser (using the Option-Command-\ (⌥⌘\) shortcut or the menu bar icon) and select your Twitter Login item?

This discussion has been closed.