Archived Items on Mac still appearing in Primary Vault on iPhone/iPad

Options
REH
REH
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Hi

I have been using share/move to shift items from my Primary Vault into an Archive Vault, however when I sync (via DropBox) the primary vault to 1Password on my iPhone/iPad, the items are still appear in the Primary Vault.

Cheers

PS I'm using 1Password v4.4.1 on a MacBook Air running 10.9.4, and v4.5.3 on the iPhone/iPad running iOS 7.1.2

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @REH,

I'm sorry that items you're moving from the Primary to an Archive vault with 1Password on your Mac are reappearing in the Primary vault after syncing. Please try this simple test and let me know the result:

• Create a test item in the Primary vault with 1Password on your Mac and make sure it syncs to your iPad and`iPhone.
    • Delete the test item with 1Password on your Mac and empty Trash.
    • After syncing, does that test item show up anywhere?

Have you noticed any other issues with syncing?

Thanks in advance for that information!

• REH
    REH
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, sjk.

Went through the test process as described, and the test item appeared then disappeared as expected, so all good on that front. I went further and created another test item on the Mac, made sure it appeared on the iPhone, then went through the share/move process to put it into the Archive vault on the Mac. When I went back to the iPhone, the test item had gone, so I'm now unable to replicate the the original problem. Also a good thing!

However, I still have a heap of previously archived items that appear on the iPhone/iPad. Yesterday I completely reinstalled 1Password on the iPhone and iPad, and completed a fresh sync, so I don't think it is/was a data merge issue. The problem did not effect 1Password on my second Mac, which updated perfectly, so whatever the issue is/was seems restricted to the iOS sync.

Cheers
    Ross

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the testing and detailed followup, Ross ( @REH ).

After reinstalling 1Password on your iPhone/iPad and re-syncing through Dropbox, are the previously archived items still currently showing up on both device even though they don't currently show up in 1Password on either of your Macs? Just want to make sure I do correctly understand this data discrepancy before suggesting how you can fix it. Thanks again!

• REH
    REH
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

Yesterday, the answer to your question was "yes" - previously archived items were still showing up on the iPad/iPhone after re-installing and re-syncing through Dropbox.

However, I've just gone through that whole process again today, and everything updated just fine. The only difference I can think of, is that yesterday I had set up a third vault - a test vault to share with my partner - but had the agilekeychain for that vault in a different (shareable) Dropbox folder. I deleted that last night while trying to sort through my original syncing issue. Can't imagine that it would have caused any conflicts though?

Anyway, everything seems to be working OK for the moment. Will try and establish the shared vault again when I get time.

Thanks for your support.

Cheers
    Ross

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @REH,

I'm sorry that this has been a bit of a process for you, but it's great to hear that things are behaving properly now! Do let us know how things pan out with the shared vault. If anything goes wonky, we're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.