Smart Folder excludes Trash items when building, but not when saved.

Options
extensioncord
extensioncord
Community Member

I am trying to Trash all of the Dyn.com accounts I manage since they stopped offering free service. I created a Smart Folder using the URL criteria contains "dyn". This produces 49 results. Clicking save immediately produces 73 items, the newly presented items appear to all be from the Trash, as they show the Restore button. I had manually started deleting some logins before thinking of the smart folder.

This seems like inconsistent behavior certainly. My desired behavior would be to A) have a criteria for including/excluding Trash items, or B) exclude Trash items by default.

I am using 1Password 4.4.1 for Mac.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @extensioncord,

Are you able to reproduce this problem at all? When testing with 4.4.1 (Agile Web Store version), items in Trash are always excluded from matching search criteria before and after being saved as a smart folder. In fact, we have a bug in our tracker about not being able to search Trash.

Can you send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com? The report could give us some additional information about what's causing this. Thanks!

• extensioncord
    extensioncord
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to reproduce the issue yesterday, but apparently quitting and restarting 1Password has restored the expected functionality of not being able to search the trash at all.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @extensioncord,

I'm glad you were able to restore the expected functionality of searching excluding Trash by restarting 1Password. Was 1Password mini also restarted and had it been running for awhile (longer than the main application)?

If you do encounter this again we'd appreciate if you'd generate a Diagnostics Report while it's happening and emailing it to us. That could help us to catch whatever bug is still elusively lingering there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.