[Browser Extensions] (ALL) Not Connecting [Resolved]

qops1981
qops1981
Community Member
edited July 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hey All,

I have 3 Mac computers where the browser extensions are not connecting. All I get is message on the button saying "Connecting" with a counter counting up. I have added 127.0.0.1 to the Proxy bypass. I have tried disabling the Proxy settings. I have tried the diagnostic tool to reset permissions & extended attributes. I have tried to create a report on 4 separate computers, even ones that do not have the problem and the just sits there for hours and never completes generating the report.

The browser in user are Safari, FireFox, & Chrome.

Thanks,
-Bill

Comments

• qops1981
    qops1981
    Community Member

I should also mention the 1password version is 3 as are the extensions.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @qops1981‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password lately. We will need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

If you are using OSX 10.7 or 10.8, please use the instructions here:

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html#mac3

If you are using OSX 10.6 or 10.9, please follow the instructions below:

Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• qops1981
    qops1981
    Community Member

We have resolved the issue on our own. Thank You.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @qops1981‌

Thanks so much for letting me know you're all sorted out! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.