Browser extensions have not been working for a very long time [moved to email]

Options
IntegralKatie
IntegralKatie
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Oh dear. For quite some time now, I've noticed that 1Password does not remember user/pass for sites that I could have SWORN I saved. "Ah well," I thought, "must be getting forgetful. Surely the red exclamation point has nothing to do with anything important." So I would just do "forgot your password" and get a new one and save that one. But finally, I got frustrated and starting digging. Apparently, the browser extensions in both Safari and Chrome have not been synching with each other or the app. That means I have two or even three different passwords saved for a number of sites: e.g. one password saved in Chrome, but then it wasn't there when I was using Safari so I created a new one over there... plus the (probably even older one) in the app.

So... what might be the best way integrate these back into the app? All I can think of is creating new entries in the app, copy-pasting the info from the extension, and then, if there are duplicates, testing the log-in to see which works. But might there be an easier way?

Also, I did use the "troubleshoot" button in the Extension and followed most of the steps there, but it didn't solve anything. The 1Password Troubleshooting app did not produce a report (nothing happens when I click on the document icon or "export").

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @IntegralKatie,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with 1Password data being inconsistent between the 1Password extensions and application. We'd like to take a closer look at your current 1Password configuration to determine where things are getting tangled up. To do that, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. After we've reviewed the report we'll be able to better assist you with getting this data inconsistency sorted out. Thanks in advance!

• IntegralKatie
    IntegralKatie
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I have done that. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @IntegralKatie,

We've received your email with the report; thanks for sending that in! Someone from our team will have a look and get back with you as soon as possible to help resolve this problem. Since we'll keep the discussion going through email I'll close this topic so we're not getting wires crossed between here and there. :)

internal reference number: PRI-62887-659

This discussion has been closed.