New member for 1 Password

Hi everyone

I have just downloaded the software last night and have been able to create my logins succcessfully. Prior to purchasing the full version I would like to get a better understanding of the software. My main questions are these.

-So far I have mastered the keyboard shortcut to insert the password while on a site but now I have heard of a more simpler way of logging in by not typing any username or passwords at all. How do I do this?

-I have been able to sync my android device and both windows with drop box. I have seen people of putting in only the key file but as for me I have put in the entire 1password folder to dropbox. Is this ok or is only the .agilekeychain file only important? If so how do I find it? I can`t find it in my 1password folder but somehow its able to sync with the other devices.

-Are there any tutorials on how to use this software? I am still very puzzled and am trying to get the best out of it.

-What is the purpose of using this program on a tablet or cell phone if they don`t have any keyboard shortcuts to automatically log in to your accounts am I missing the point?

Thanks in advance for your help everyone.

Comments

• Hi @djstorm1987‌,

So far I have mastered the keyboard shortcut to insert the password while on a site but now I have heard of a more simpler way of logging in by not typing any username or passwords at all. How do I do this?

The keyboard shortcut is the simplest way, you just press Control + \ and 1Password will just fill in your data. You don’t have to type anything else, it’ll fill in both your username/password. Here are other keyboard shortcuts.

The other way is the Go and Fill feature, which is where you ask 1Password to open the site and submit your data in. You can find out more here.

I have been able to sync my android device and both windows with drop box. I have seen people of putting in only the key file but as for me I have put in the entire 1password folder to dropbox. Is this ok or is only the .agilekeychain file only important? If so how do I find it? I can`t find it in my 1password folder but somehow its able to sync with the other devices.

There is only one folder that should be in your Dropbox folder, which is 1Password.agilekeychain but you can put it in its own 1Password folder, so that it’d look like this: Dropbox > 1Password > 1Password.agilekeychain

Which 1Password folder are you referring to if it is not the folder you manually created to put the 1Password.agilekeychain folder in.

Are there any tutorials on how to use this software? I am still very puzzled and am trying to get the best out of it.

It’s linked in the main program via the Help Menu > 1Password’s User Guide, you can also go to it here.

What is the purpose of using this program on a tablet or cell phone if they don`t have any keyboard shortcuts to automatically log in to your accounts am I missing the point?

Well, you are mainly using 1Password to encrypt your data on your computers, not just for simplifying the login process. If your iOS data is stolen, they won’t be able to easily get into 1Password without knowing your master password to unlock the database, it’s heavily encrypted.

As for the login process on the mobile tablets, you simply tap on the 1Password key to select the login to fill in. You can find out more in this tutorial on how you’d log in.

Let me know if you have more questions about this.

This discussion has been closed.