Feature Request another font

Options
vikaspell
vikaspell
Community Member

I have always found it difficult to differentiate between a 0(zero) and a capital O.
Can you have 1password use a font where the zero(0) is crossed of striked off.

I assume many of us here have been faced with this problem. I normally make self generated password and it enter them manually. really hope it would be easier to have the zero(0) and capital O. look very different so that i dont have to guess which one it is.

vikas

Comments

• codyfrisch
    codyfrisch
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on that, and one where capital I doesn't look like lIlIlIlIl too.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Although this does not directly address your request, if you are using the password generator in 1Password, there is an option to avoid ambiguous characters in your passwords. It works well for me, and I do not have any passwords that cause confusion among those characters that are hard to differentiate. (I do realize that another font would allow the use of those characters, and I'm not trying to suggest that there is any problem with the suggestion. This is just an approach that works for me to avoid becoming confused, given the current software.)

I'd like to be able to change font size too, speaking for myself.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi guys,

Where are you seeing an unslashed 0 (zero), @vikaspell? And a capital I (eye) that looks like a small l (ell), @codyfrisch? Here's a sample password field showing the differences in those characters:

Which language do you run 1Password in? And have you made any changes to system fonts?

We've already got requests/votes in our tracker for adjustable font sizes, @hawkmoth, including yours. :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk - I'll try to remember that I don't need to vote anymore! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You can (re)vote as much as you like, @hawkmoth. :)

• codyfrisch
    codyfrisch
    Community Member
    Options

I was referring more to other text fields, addresses, logins, fields where i store recovery codes or secret question answers (which I try to answer with random strings just like passwords and save)

Password fields are not confusing, its other fields.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see what you mean, @codyfrisch. :)

Thanks for clarifying that; it's been noted with the request in our tracker.

internal reference number: OPM-1715

This discussion has been closed.