1Password (new version) doesn't save all fields

Options
farl
farl
Community Member

Since I am using the new 1Password 4, the usability is become worse. Sorry to have to say that, but I have one big problem. After I registered on a website (and saved the login in 1Password), it only remembers the login and password, but not the e-mailadres or other info. 1Password sometimes remembers the username, but I need the e-mailadress to login. And that e-mailadres is not saved. Sometimes other way around. I want everything to be saved, like it used to be.

Thank you

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Are you creating this login manually in 1Password or via the 1Password extension in your browser? If in the browser extension I believe the version of 1Password (from app store or AgileBits web store) and extension you're using may have an impact so might be best to report back here with those numbers.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @farl,

After registering on the website, did the **1Password Save Login* window pop up and you saved the new Login item from there?

When you look at that item's details and select show web form details, do you see both the username and email address stored in fields under the Web form details section?

It's possible to change which web form fields are associated with the main username and password fields. For example, the main username field in this item is associated with the Email web form field:

After editing web form details and selecting the head silhouette for the Name field, the username field now corresponds with that Name field:

The Email field is still in web form details, just no longer visible as the main username field.

Does that help explain the results you're seeing?

• farl
    farl
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

I am a very experienced user of 1Password for years and 1Password 4 doesn't store all the fields of a form. Yes, the **1Password Save Login* window pop up as always, but it save the field it thinks which is the username, but that's not always right. Sometimes it forget to safe the username and uses my email as username, but that's sometimes not the case.

In 1Password 3 it stores all the fields, but now it only stores a username, password and url. But that's not right sometimes. Today I experienced it with https://xnftrading.com

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @farl,

It looks like the item in your image was saved from the https://xnftrading.com/#!/signin page, which only has Username and Password fields:

How did you create that item so it has an email address in its username field?

In 1Password 3 it stores all the fields, but now it only stores a username, password and url.

Other fields would be saved as web form fields, like in images in my last reply, but that XNFTrading Sign In page doesn't have any. When saving a Login item on the https://xnftrading.com/#!/signup page it does have some extra web form fields, although they're unlabeled (except for checkboxTerms):

That seems to be a different issue. :)

Do you have any other specific site/page examples of where fields that would be saved with 1Password 3 are no longer being saved with 1Password 4 that can better help us understand this? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.