1PW mini truncating list of logins for ONE domain

Options
retemirabile
retemirabile
Community Member

There are several websites for which I have more than one login because I use them in different roles (e.g. as an admin and as a normal user). 1PW mini makes it hard for me to quickly switch to the login I want because it often (but not always) truncates the list showing only the first item and then »2 more objects …«. It doesn't even sort them alphabetically which makes it harder still to jump to the right login quickly.

• Can I disable this functionality so that I always see all logins at once?
  • Can I sort them alphabetically so that each login keeps its position in the list?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @retemirabile,

Can I disable this functionality so that I always see all logins at once?

No, you can't disable this functionality, the show x more items automatically appears.

Can I sort them alphabetically so that each login keeps its position in the list?

The items in 1Password mini are sorted using three criteria — subdomain matching, favorites, and alphabetical order.

When a page is active in your web browser, the logins for that website will be displayed in this order (by default):

1. Favorites (subdomain match)
    2. Alphabetical order (subdomain match)
    3. Favorites (same domain, but different subdomain)
    4. Alphabetical order (same domain, but different subdomain)

If "Lenient URL matching" (under Preferences > Browser) is enabled, subdomains will be ignored, and the sort order will be:

1. Favorites (for any subdomain on domain.com)
    2. Alphabetical order (for any subdomain on domain.com)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

• retemirabile
    retemirabile
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that. I'll see how this info helps to make this more predictable.

I'd still suggest to make this an optional feature, though. I find it much quicker to move (with the arrow key) through a list of items that I can see than to have that »complexity« reduced.

• Jasper
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @retemirabile,

Thanks for the feedback! I will let our developers know that you'd like to see this as an optional preference. :)

internal reference number: OPM-1480

This discussion has been closed.