2 instances of 1Password mini

Options
Yoni Tsafir
Yoni Tsafir
Community Member

I have 2 instances of 1Password mini in my tray, but only one 1Password.app.
One of them contains an outdated list of passwords and the other is the correct one.
Furthermore, my browser extensions are behaving like the outdated instance.

Tried to re-install browser extensions, tried to uninstall launchctl daemons, nothing helped.

Any advice?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Where did you buy your copy of 1P4: Mac App Store or AgileBits store? (I'm guessing Mac App Store since you refer to "1Password.app".)
    2. Have you ever run more than one copy of 1P4 (for example, a beta version from the AgileBits site)?
    3. Do you sync with any other device? If so, what form of sync do you use (folder sync, Dropbox, iCloud, Wifi)?
    4. What version number of 1P4 are you using, what browser and what is the 1P4 extension version number in the brower?
    5. For good measure, what is your OS X version number?

Sorry for all the questions but answers to them may enable someone to help you with the problem. One small tip...you probably can't get rid of launchctl daemons while 1P4 is running and if you want to stop if completely (i.e., 1P mini as well) you need to press ⌃⌘Q. However, I'm not suggesting you meddle with launchctl until we have a little more information about your setup!

Stephen

Stephen

• Yoni Tsafir
    Yoni Tsafir
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Sorry for now commenting earlier (no e-mail notification in this forum?)

1. (and 2.) I first installed from the AgileBits site and then removed it and installed from the Mac App Store instead.

2. I sync via iCloud (used to sync via Dropbox and then changed it)

3. Version 4.4.1 (441006). About browser extension: I mainly use chrome, and the funny thing is: I uninstalled the extension and I still see a 1Password icon on my toolbar, which opens the WRONG 1Password mini instance.

4. 10.9.4

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It does sound a little as though you may have the remains of the AgileBits store version of 1P4 still installed on your machine. When you say you "removed it" did you follow, in effect, the steps in this knowledge base article? (Although it refers to migration from the beta it's also relevant when moving, as you did, to the app store version.)

As to receiving email notifications from the forum, go to your forum profile, click on the head and drop down arrow symbol to the right of the page, choose Edit profile and go to Notification preferences.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Yoni,

Did @Stephen_C‌'s suggestions help you get rid of the extra 1Password mini? If not, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A short comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful and we'll be able to get this sorted out for you quickly after that!

no e-mail notification in this forum?

In addition to what Stephen already mentioned, these are the Notification Preferences you might want to adjust for that:

The Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions option applies to topic bookmarking. To (un)bookmark a specific topic, click the star at the top of its page next to the gear and just above the POST A REPLY button. It'll be yellow when it's bookmarked:

When unbookmarked, it's just an uncolored outline:

• Yoni Tsafir
    Yoni Tsafir
    Community Member
    Options

OK guys, thank you very much for your help.
    When I originally removed 1Password 4 I didn't follow the mentioned process (quitting mini before deleting etc.)

I eventually went and tried a few more times to launchctl stop and remove and it didn't really help (restarting kept bringing the other instance of 1Password mini to life).
    I eventually ran 'ps aux | grep -i 1pass' and realized I had 1Password 4.app still alive in kicking in my ~/.Trash
    Emptying the trash and running the whole process again did the trick for me.

I now have only 1 instance.
    Yay!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Yoni,

I'm happy to hear you've successfully gotten rid of that extra 1Password mini from the AgileBits site version of 1Password 4 that was interfering with the MAS version! Sorry it was such a troublesome process. We are working on streamlining switching between different versions of 1Password and I've made notes in our tracker about your experience. Thanks for your feedback to help us improve that!

internal reference number: DOCS-65

This discussion has been closed.