syncing problem with iCloud on my mac

Options
WinstonXu
WinstonXu
Community Member

Hello
I am having trouble syncing my 1password between my iPhone and Mac, it works well on my phone and the syncing is turned on on my iPhone, I can see the backups/sync files on my iCloud as well, but when I open my new-instealled 1password on my mac, it says could not find 1password file on iCloud.

Any ideas how to fix this? I tried to reinstall software, turn iCloud sync off and on on both devices but its not fixing.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WinstonXu,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble getting iCloud syncing working with 1Password on your Mac.

Do you have any data in 1Password on your Mac that you need to keep or is it currently all on your iPhone?

Are you logged in with the same iCloud account on your Mac and iPhone? If not, that would be causing at least part of the problem.

… but when I open my new-instealled 1password on my mac, it says could not find 1password file on iCloud.

Could you please attach a screenshot of the error you're seeing?

Do you have iCloud syncing working okay between your Mac and iPhone with any other application? In other words, is 1Password the only one with the problem?

Thanks in advance for that information so we can better assist you with getting this fixed!

• jheath
    jheath
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having the same problem. I have 3 macs syncing perfectly and just added a mac mini, downloaded newest 1Password version from website and it says "Could not find 1Password information on iCloud".

Have deleted 1Password and re-downloaded and still the same.

• WinstonXu
    WinstonXu
    Community Member
    Options

Hello sjk,

I am actually able to turn on the sync on both device (mac os and iPhone) but it is NOT syncing, I was able to turn both device on by setting up drop box first then switch to iCloud. unfortunately iCloud sync is not working, I created one item on one device but it is not showing on the other device, very annoying. I had to use dropbox, which works fine, I don't know if its a issue on iCloud, but not likely because my other apps are syncing well, it looks like known issue for 1passwork, you guys really need to look into this, people pay extra for the app (both iPhone and max os) a lot more compare to other apps, and I don't really care too much about the price AS LONG AS it works well, too bad that is not the case.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @WinstonXu,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! iCloud sync works great for most users (including myself), and we'd be happy to help get it fixed if you want to use iCloud sync instead of Dropbox. With that said, Dropbox sync is also a great option, so if you're happy with Dropbox, that's fine too. Please let me know if you would like our assistance getting iCloud sync working again.

Hi @jheath‌,

So we can investigate, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac Mini, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.