Free trial version to Mac app store version concerns

Options
Gordon77
Gordon77
Community Member

Sorry if this has already been resolved, but I have been unable to find any documentation either on the forums or support pages on this...
I have the free trial version of 1password4 that I downloaded from the agile bits website and I now would like to purchase it from the mac app store. My understanding is that the app store version is different from the version downloaded from agile bits directly. Would this cause some sort of conflict? Would the app store version replace the one I have, or would it just activate it? Do I need to do anything (e.g. uninstall the trial version first) before making the purchase on the app store? Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options
    1. You will have to purchase the app store version. It won't be "activated" by the free trial version.
    2. There is a knowledge base article about migrating from the beta to the app store version which will take you through the steps you need to follow. Even though it refers to migrating from the beta it's also relevant if you're moving from the AgileBits trial version to the app store version.

Stephen

• Gordon77
    Gordon77
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Thanks for your help Stephen, I followed the steps in beta article you provided and It worked perfectly.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

You're most welcome, @Gordon77, on @Stephen_C's behalf. Glad those instructions worked perfectly for you!

Since this discussion has a happy ending I'll close it now. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to start a new forum topic or email us directly at support@agilebits.com -- we're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.