Remote access to 1Password

Josh Gorringe
Josh Gorringe
Community Member

Hi All,

I travel to some remote/ dangerous places around the world for work and always have a concern of what I would do in the case of loosing all my important doc's along with my iPad/ mac/ iPhone. Before I used 1Password I would send these docs (Visa, Immunisation certs, Passport) to myself via gmail so I could access them electronic if the need arrived. These days I store them in 1Password alone with cc details etc. Is there a way I can access these remotely if all my devices were gone?

Thanks,

Josh

Comments

• Hi Josh,

If you're syncing via Dropbox, you can use 1PasswordAnywhere for read-only access your 1Password data in any modern web browser.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

• Josh Gorringe
    Josh Gorringe
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

Hi Jasper,

Haven't got into Dropbox as of yet as I haven't really been keen on the monthly subscription's but will have a look at it. With this concept I guess I will need to remember a second password to get into Dropbox then 1Password? Don't like that idea much.

Josh

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

No charge for Dropbox unless you use a LOT of space. It's fine for 1PW only.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Josh,

It sounds like you have quite the exotic life - must be terribly exciting! You're right, to take advantage of 1PasswordAnywhere, you would need to remember your Dropbox password as well. However, there are ways to create a secure password for Dropbox that is easier to remember than a random string of characters. Check out our article on Towards Better Master Passwords, which talks about using Diceware to create memorable passwords, that are also a lot easier to type!

Personally, I use Diceware for my AppleID and iTunes account in addition to my Dropbox account, since those are passwords that I find I have to enter on a regular basis.

I hope this helps!, but we're always here if you have further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.