Is Carl still around?

DavidB
DavidB
Community Member
edited December 1969 in Lounge
I haven't noticed Carl's presence in the forums for a while. Just curious--is he still with Agile? I have always admired him for his extremely polite way of dealing with complaints.

David

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    David, we miss Carl, too. <:(
  • Carl
    Carl
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    DavidB wrote:
    I haven't noticed Carl's presence in the forums for a while. Just curious--is he still with Agile? I have always admired him for his extremely polite way of dealing with complaints.

David

Glad to see that after spending 3 years of my life supporting 1Password that someone finally noticed I was gone. :)

To be blunt and straightforward (since I do not know any way to really sugar coat it), I was fired in mid-December of 2009. Saying that I didn't have any hard feelings would be lying so that sort of explains my lack of posts since that time. I do check in from time to time and read posts. I'm not really wanting to air any "dirty laundry" publicly so that is pretty much all I will say in that regard. ;)

Most recently, I've just been battling bouts of depression and facing impending financial ruin as I continue to look for a viable source of income. :) So pride be tossed out the window at this point, I am all ears if anyone has any opportunities to share or knows of anything in that regard.

Thanks for the kind words! They really help at the present time. :)

Carl
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi

Carl a few of us have indeed noticed you missing in action. I pulled up your profile and noticed that it was changed to "Just Me" and thought maybe I shouldn't ask anything about it, possibly a way to private matter much like your post indicates. You are indeed missed around here.

Edit: I was thinking about when well managed to hijack that thread in the pre beta 3.0 days, and laughing to myself the other day. I always remember your reply. You only hijacked it if you got away with it. Which included myself, yourself and a few others. Fond memories on my part.

Nice to hear from you. You need or want to talk about anything at all send me a PM. and we can exchange emails etc.
  • Carl
    Carl
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    thightower wrote:
    Hi

Carl a few of us have indeed noticed you missing in action. I pulled up your profile and noticed that it was changed to "Just Me" and thought maybe I shouldn't ask anything about it, possibly a way to private matter much like your post indicates. You are indeed missed around here.

Nice to hear. Thanks

thightower wrote:

Edit: I was thinking about when well managed to hijack that thread in the pre beta 3.0 days, and laughing to myself the other day. I always remember your reply. You only hijacked it if you got away with it. Which included myself, yourself and a few others. Fond memories on my part.

Yes, there were some threads that definitely creating some memories.

thightower wrote:

Nice to hear from you. You need or want to talk about anything at all send me a PM. and we can exchange emails etc.

You have waterproof shoulders? LOL
  • Ben
    Ben
    edited December 1969
    Carl wrote:

You have waterproof shoulders? LOL

I do. You've got my contact info. :) (or if you don't feel free to PM me)
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Carl,

Dave is considering killing the PM feature due to spamming etc. I am sending you mine contact info via a pm n case you need it, for what ever the reason, and I do mean what ever. My doors open so to speak.
  • DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Carl wrote:
    To be blunt and straightforward (since I do not know any way to really sugar coat it), I was fired in mid-December of 2009.

I am very sorry to hear that, but I have no doubt that with your excellent communications skills, you will find another position that will prove to be equally if not more satisfying.

Apologies for the very delayed response--

David
This discussion has been closed.