shortcuts in Browser extension does not work [resolved by configuring Sophos]

Options
Nils Iking
Nils Iking
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

hey,

for years i could use a shortcut (normally cmd+#) to fill forms on websites with my login-data. but that doesn´t work anymore. what have i done wrong?

i tried to reinstall the browser extensions, reinstall complete 1Password application and also use different browsers.

Could someone help me?

thanks a lot,
Nils

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does ⌘\ work for you? That is the normal shortcut. Also check the submit field in the main app for the relevant items to ensure it says Always submit or Submit when enabled.

Stephen

• Nils Iking
    Nils Iking
    Community Member
    Options

i tried a lot of different shortcuts. no success...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Nils,

Does anything happen when you type the 1Password fill shortcut? And can you get filling to work after clicking the 1Password "key" icon in the browser or menu bar?

Trying to better understand what "doesn't work" means so we can help you get that changed to "does work". :)

Thanks!

• Nils Iking
    Nils Iking
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, when i type the fill-shortcut really nothing happened. i check the system-logs, but there is no logged message when i do that.

When i use the icon in the browser or the entry in the menubar, everything works. My credentials were filled in the forms and the auto submit works great too.

so it´s just the shortcut, which does not work...

thanks a lot for your help.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that additional information, Nils.

We'd like to work with you directly in email to figure out what's causing the 1Password fill shortcut to fail and suggest how to fix it. To do that, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful so we can keep an eye out for it. :)

Thanks again!

• Nils Iking
    Nils Iking
    Community Member
    Options

i´ve just send the mail...!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Nils,

I see that our team has already got your issue solved! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

ref: HGD-91918-247

This discussion has been closed.