Problem synching with iCloud

WillTx
WillTx
Community Member

Have two Macs (both on 10.9.4) and two IOS devices (both on 7.1.2). One of the Macs stopped being able to synch with iCloud. The other Mac and two IOS devices work just fine with iCloud. I tried to set the Mac with the problem to synch with iCloud again but no matter how many times I try I get the message:
1Password Sync Problem Detected
Update preferences

And the option to "Ignore" or "Fix" but both of these options bring me back to the preference box again. What do I need to do?

Comments

• Hi @WillTx,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble!

Could you please try completely re-setting iCloud sync:

• On your iOS device(s), open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Mac(s), open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click 1Password in the menu bar, then Preferences. Go the the Sync tab, and then click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Restart all your devices.

• On your Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud sync.

• Wait a few minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.
    • Go back to any other Macs and iOS devices and re-enable iCloud sync.

Please let me know if that helps. :)

• Valentin
    Valentin
    Community Member

Here is what works for me: Please check what is your email address for iCloud services. Let's say it's first.last@icloud.com. Go to your address book locate your own card (Card -> Go to my card). Make sure that first.last@icloud.com is assigned to your own card.

Then critically, check that no other card contains first.last@icloud.com in any of your address books. Remove it in every card except in your own card.

To be honest, I don't know exactly if you have to have your iCloud address in your own card or not. But I do know that every time I have this problem, it's because my iCloud address appears in more than one contact.

Let me know if it works.

Valentin.

• Matthew Montgomery
    Matthew Montgomery
    Community Member

Valentin - your solution also worked for me! Thank you for sharing!

• iByron
    iByron
    Community Member

I have the same problem. Two Macs (home and work) and three iOS devices (iPhone and 2 iPads). The work Mac is getting the error WillTx, describes. I click "Fix" and am taken to the preferences where I must re-establish iCloud sync. The home Mac and other iDevices are fine.

I thought it might be that I was using the same purchase on both Macs so I bought another license on my work account. No change.

I tried JasperP's solution -- twice. No change. Same error.

I've also tried Valentin's suggestion (even though it seemed highly unlikely...all other iCloud syncing apps are working just fine). No change. Same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Byron

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014

Hi @Valentin,

Thanks so much for sharing that here! I'm glad to hear that it worked for you (and for @southerndude40‌, too!) I can't quite see how having your email address in multiple cards would get things messed up ... however, I've filed an issue in our internal tracker and we'll keep an eye on this.

ref: CSI-9

• iByron
    iByron
    Community Member

I replied in the other thread, but this did not work for me (and frankly I didn't expect it to).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014

Hi @iByron,

I'm moved your comment into this "other thread". Sorry to hear none of the suggestions have worked for you to get iCloud syncing on track.

So we can better assist you with resolving this problem, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Matthew Montgomery
    Matthew Montgomery
    Community Member

I thought it was odd that it worked but it did for me. On my iCloud login I had the me.com email address and in my Contacts I had the iCloud.com email address. Once I changed the iCloud.com to me.com and rebooted it synched fine. I had been trying to figure out what was wrong for the past 3 - 4 days.

• iByron
    iByron
    Community Member

Hello @sjk and thanks. I have sent the report to the address indicated.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iByron,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the ticket with the relevant details of the issue so that it is easier for our team to get up to speed. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: HSD-13515-425

This discussion has been closed.